Agile marketing has gained momentum in the last five years. Companies across industries, from Google to General Mills, have adopted the methodology as a means to stay flexible and fast in a digital world.
If you’re interested in learning more about agile marketing, or if you’re ready to make the switch, we’ve pulled together a list of 71 Agile marketing resources to help you on your journey.
Blogs and Blog Posts
There are certainly more individual blog posts on agile marketing and agile content marketing. In fact, most major content marketing companies have written at least a few posts to it.
There are also a few blogs completely devoted to agile marketing, from major thought leaders in the space.
- Do Agile Marketers Wear the Quality Content Crown? — Content Marketing Institute
- 5 Steps to an Agile Content Marketing B2B Strategy — KoMarketing
- Go Agile: Adapt 12 Principles to Content Marketing — Content Marketing Institute
- What Is Agile Content Marketing? — MarketMuse
- Agile Content Marketing Combines Preparation and Opportunity — Skyword
- How to Keep Content Marketing Agile — AgileSparks
- What Is Agile Marketing: Everything You Need to Know — AgileSherpas
- Why Your Marketing Strategy Needs Agile Content Creation — ShutterStock
- Why Content Marketing Needs Agile — Curata
- Debunking 5 Agile Content Marketing Myths — Kapost
- Agile Content Marketing : How to Use Speed to Build Authority — Medium
- How to Implement Agile Marketing Using Scrum — IMPACT
- Agile Practices: How to Avoid Mistakes Our Marketing Team Made — Content Marketing Institute
- Agile vs. Scrum: A Detailed Comparison (+When to Use Each) — G2 Crowd
Agile Marketing is still pretty new, but there are some great books out there written by influencers in the space. All of these books help you break out of traditional marketing practices and take you step by step through the agile marketing process.
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time, by Jeff Sutherland and J.J. Sutherland
- Hacking Marketing: Agile Practices to Make Marketing Smarter, Faster, and More Innovative, by Scott Brinker
- The Agile Marketer: Turning Customer Experience Into Your Competitive Advantage, by Roland Smart
- Growing Up Fast: How New Agile Practices Can Move Marketing and Innovation Past the Old Business Stalemates, by Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, Kevin Fann and Sean Martinez
- Agile Marketing: Building Endurance for Your Content Marketing Efforts, by Jeff Julian
- The Art of Agile Marketing: A Practical Roadmap for Implementing Kanban and Scrum in Jira and Confluence, by Bill Cushard
- Death of a Marketer: Modern Marketing’s Troubled Past and a New Approach to Change the Future, by Andrea Fryrear
Adopting an agile methodology means picking the tools that work for your team. Each of these tools has its own way of organizing the Agile process. JIRA is most likely the tool you’ve heard of most. It’s been around as a tracking and planning tool since 2002.
With the growing popularity of Agile across teams outside of software development, a number of SaaS products have popped up, all of them with their own take on product and content management.
There are some emerging stars in agile marketing. These 11 are our favorite. Many of them wrote the books listed above. Follow them on Twitter and LinkedIn to keep up-to-date on everything happening in Agile content marketing.
- Andrea Fryrear (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Bill Cushard (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Femi Olajiga (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Frank Days (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Irina Jordan (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Jascha Kaykas-Wolff (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Jeff Julian (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Jeff Sutherland (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Jim Ewel (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- John Cass (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
- Travis Arnold (LinkedIn) (Twitter)
Coaching, Training and Courses
Before you can transition to a fully Agile team, everyone has to be on the same page. Use these training and coaching resources to bring your entire team onboard.
- The Agile Marketing Academy
- Agile Marketing Certification — AgileMarketing.net
- Agile Marketing Bootcamp — American Management Association
- Agile Marketing Bootcamp — APSE
- Agile Marketing Foundations — Lynda.com
- Agile Marketing Training Course — SkillShare
Joining the conversation on social media is a great way to make connections and stay in the loop with the latest on Agile marketing. These accounts and groups are a wealth of information and resources.
- Agile Marketing Pinterest Board
- Agile Marketing Facebook Group
- Agile Marketing Twitter Feed
- Agile Marketing Academy Twitter Feed
- Agile Marketing Group on LinkedIn
- Agile Marketing Academy on Instagram
Listen to what the thought leaders in Agile marketing are saying. These interviews and discussions are thought-provoking and informative.
- Marketing Agility (part of the Agile Marketing Blog)
- What Is Agile Marketing? — Kanbanize Blog
- How To Use Agile Marketing To Get Extremely Organized With Jeff Julian From Enterprise Marketer — CoSchedule Blog
- Agile Marketing: Run Your Marketing Team Like a Successful Tech Team — ClearEdge Marketing
- Marketing Smarts: Frank Days on Agile Marketing — MarketingProfs
Presentations and Webinars
If you’re ready to start your Agile transition, these presentations and webinars give you step-by-step guidance on how to do it.
- Go Agile or Go Home — Hubspot
- 7 Steps to Implement Agile Content Marketing — Capterra
- Agile Content Marketing for Increased Conversions — Marketo
- Agile Marketing in 4 Steps — Gartner
- Agile Marketing: 6 Easy Steps to Becoming an Agile Marketing Team — Target Marketing
- Agile Marketing Creating A New Generation of Digital Experiences — CMS Wire
- Exploring Agile Marketing — Agile Business Consortium
Bringing your marketing team into an Agile work process doesn’t have to be scary. It’s exciting!
Follow the right people, read the blogs, and join the discussion to make the transition and become part of a revolution in marketing and content strategy.