The Content Creation Process
There are eight steps to the content creation process:
- Research – Finding the topic you need to cover to position your site as an expert on a specific subject.
- Planning – Determining what content to create and when.
- Briefing – Collecting all the research elements into one document that a writer can use to quickly create expert-level content.
- Writing – Creating high-quality and comprehensive content with high ranking potential.
- Editing – To ensure your content is the best it can be.
- Promotion – Conducting outreach to ensure the widest audience possible for your content.
- Optimization & KPIs – Improving content for peak performance.
- Inventory and Auditing – Keeping track of existing content and revising it as necessary.
Manual Research is Error-Prone and Superficial
AI technology is the perfect complement to human creativity. Unlike humans, machine learning can rapidly analyze vast amounts of data and provide crucial insight based on large data sets.
Crucial Factors to Focus On
Four factors which you should focus on are:
- The breadth of content – Make sure you’re covering all the relevant topics of a subject.
- User intent – Ensure your content addresses the reason people are searching for this subject.
- Depth of content – Elaborate on topics to the appropriate extent as required.
- Relevant topics – Covering the most relevant topics is key to creating a comprehensive piece of content.
Tools and Platforms That Save Time
In this part of the webinar, Nate discusses some of the tools he uses to create high-performing content quickly.
- ahrefs – SEO toolkit to grow organic traffic.
- Answer The Public – Search listening tools for market, customer, and content research.
- MarketMuse – AI content planning and optimization software.
- SEMRush – Online visibility management platform.
Increase Content Quality and Volume With an Efficient Standardized Process
The process should apply to both new content and what’s already published. Updating existing content takes less time and can offer quicker results than creating new content from scratch.
Create a Strategic Plan
A strategic plan maps out the content required to gain notoriety as an expert on your subject. Typically a subject will have a number of major topics. Each major topic deserves a pillar page along with multiple supporting pieces.
Written by Stephen Jeske